Tuesday, March 27, 2012

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!













Today's photos: The Nelson Marina, Sailboat and paddleboarder on the Tasman Sea, Grinder and Sheriff bras at the World of Wearable Art, Expensive antique car at WOW, So. Street 1860's cottage, Queens Garden, Bridge to Japanese Gardens and view from my chair at the B and B.


Well, today was a spectacular day, full of sun and blue skies. I walked everywhere of course, so i could see the sights. I went to the Nelson Port, which as you can imagine, is very industrial and then walked to the Marina. Absolutely cerulean blue water and sky to match. Lots of sailboats Mikey! I followed the pathway to Tahunanui Beach which was sandy and full of kids and seagulls. I walked in the water for a bit to cool my feet, and if truth be told, to wash my shoes! After the beach I headed for the World of Wearable Art. Very bizarre and interesting. Many fabrics, materials, dayglow paint and all put together to make wearable art. They also had antique cars, and since I know you are reading this Ivan, I put one in for you. Can you guess what it is?

I had lunch in the cafe, salad and spinach pie and then hoofed it back to the city. Yikes! Quite a long haul. I headed for the top of the hill, the Cathedral and then to South St., a 1 block long area with 1860's cottages. Beautiful.

Next, I headed to the Queens Gardens and the Sutter Art gallery. I arrived at the Art Gallery as they were closing, so they allowed me to view the stunning watercolours entitled, "Wish you were here" My thoughts exactly for all of you reading this blog. I walked around the Queens Gardens which were very peaceful, heard a flutist playing a haunting melody and ended up in the Japanese Gardens.

I headed home, Italian take-away in hand and when I arrived back at my home for the next couple of days, I ended the day on my balcony in my chair with a great view. what a life!

Tomorrow, I will be hiking Abel Tasman National Park's Coastal Track for about 5 hours after a 2 hour boat ride up the coast. Can't wait!

Till then,
Kerry

2 comments:

  1. I am playing cath-up again with you - but then, what should I expect? You have packed so much into each day, and what wonderful pictures and dialogue. Thank you, Kerry, for taking the time to share this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are gorgeous and the water is so still that it looks like blue glass. That town looks like the setting for a book or a place I'd like to live.

    ReplyDelete