Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Abel Tasman National Park WOW!










Today's phtos are : The water taxi, an oyster catcher, the end of a long hike, Anchorage Bay, Swinging bridge, Lighthouse, Split Rock, My new house with your guest house on the beach.


"lo,

Today was a spectacular day, with temps in the 70's and clear blue skies. I went in a Water Taxi across Tasman Bay to Kaiteriteri which is the beginning of the Coastal Track a 35 mile walk through coastal rainforest with views of the sparkling blue bays. I taxied to Bark Bay and then walked back to Anchorage Bay, about 8 miles. The trail leads high up above the treeline and then gently leads you back to the beach. About 2 hours in, I stopped at Torrent Bay for lunch on the beach. The only sounds were birdsong, waves crashing on the shore and the occasional foot fall with a "good day, or hello. I was alone with my thoughts. It is so nice to hear only yourself and nature all around you.

I stopped at Cleopatra's Pool, a lovely waterfall accessable only by skipping across rocks, which I did, cautiously! I evenually made my way down to Anchorage Bay, 4 and 1/2 hours later to be picked up by a water taxi back to Nelson. While waiting for the boat, an agressive duck came over and bit my boob! Well, it has been awhile.....

On to Wellilngton tomorrow, the North Island.

Love,
Kerry

1 comment: